Football Forecast Issue 4 Weekend Edition
Volume 18, Edition 4… For Period Of September 16-19, 2016
Copyright Property of Kelso Sturgeon and May Not Be Reproduced In Any Form Without Written Permission
College Football Blowout Cashes Big Friday Night
There Are 3 College Games On The Schedule And In All 3 There Are Big Favorites But Only One Has A 90% Chance To Win In A Blowout
The Friday night college schedule offers up three games - none of them marquee matchups but all on national television - where there are heavy favorites in each contest. In fact all of them have blowout written all over them because of huge talent differentials but my figures say only one has a 90% chance to win and cover the big numbers.
This means I will be releasing this game to my Best Bet Football Investment Club members as a 15-unit play and you can get this winner for just $15, charged to your major credit card. This play is a nice opportunity to watch your money work and win for you. Better yet, get on board for the entire Best Bets Club college and NFL seasons for just $245, charged to your major credit card.
Tonight's College Schedule
Baylor Bears (2-0) -30.5 at RICE OWLS (0-2) On ESPN...8:00 Eastern
UTAH STATE AGGIES (1-1) -9.5 vs. Arkansas state (0-2) On CBS Sports...9:05 Eastern
Arizona State (2-0) -19.5 at Texas-San Antonio (1-1) On ESPN2...9:35 Eastern
Are Buckeyes That Good? Redemption Day For Oklahoma? This Matchup Tops Saturday Marquee Triple Crown
Newsletter Went 5-1 Last Week...6-0 This Weekend
NFL Game Of Week 50-Unit Stunner - Already Won 15 Units Monday with Steelers and 25 Unit Win Thursday with the Jets
By Kelso Sturgeon
There are many bettors who duck and run when they see marquee matchup games between two powerful teams - and there are eight of them scheduled this weekend - but I am not from that school. If my numbers predict a win and cover, or just a cover, I have never been reluctant to step up to the window and fire and I am doing just that in Week #3 of the college season.
Saturday I am releasing in a special package of what I think are three of the best and most significant games on the schedule and every single team - all of them loaded with blue-chip talent - has hopes of playing for the national championship in January. All are on national TV and I am confident I have the edges to go 3-0.
I have tabbed this special package my College Football Marquee Triple Crown and you can win all three games for just $25, charged to your major credit card. Get the games and have an enjoyable day watching your money work and win for you. The schedule is listed below.
And this is just the beginning of a winning football weekend that includes 50-unit Game of the Week winners on Saturday and Sunday and two more 25-unit underdogs that should rather easily find their way to the winner's circle.
College Football Marquee Triple Crown
#2 Florida State Seminoles (2-0) at #10 Louisville Cardinals (2-0) On ESPN...12:00 Noon Eastern Kickoff
#3 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) at #14 Oklahoma Sooners (1-1) On FOX...Kickoff at 7:30 Eastern
Southern California (1-1) at #7 Stanford (1-0) On ABC...Kickoff at 8:00 Eastern
TAKING THE WINNING EDGE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- Again I repeat: never ask a bad team to win for you. If you gave the 2.5 last week with Kansas, a team that is 1-14 in its last 15 games, and saw a so-so Ohio team "upset" the Jayhawks, 37-21, you know what I mean.
- Teams that have to go all-out to beat a tough opponent the week before may be low on focus and energy for its next opponent, especially if it happens to be a big favorite. Clemson steps to the front here. The Tigers were straight as a string to win 19-13 at Auburn two weeks ago and this past Saturday as a 35-point favorite won by a mere 6 points, 30-24, over Troy.
- The bounce-back is always in play Oklahoma, which as a 13.5 favorite lost at Houston, 33-23, in its opener came back last week and as a 46-point favorite buried UL-Monroe, 59-7.
- The winners keep winning and the losers keep losing. Iowa went 12-2 last season and is off to a 2-0 start after beating arch-rival Iowa State, 42-3, as a 15-point favorite. At the other end of the spectrum is Miami-Ohio, a team that went 5-31 in the three previous seasons is off to an 0-2 start this time around and lost last week as a 10-point favorite to I-AA Eastern Illinois.
Saturday Betting Menu - All Games Available Online Or toll free at 1-800-755-2255
- 50-Unit College Game of the Week--$50...Won only 50-unit play of season thus far.
- 25-Unit Underdog Game of the Week--$25...4-1 with 15-unit dogs this season.
- Best Bets Club goes for 3-0 Saturday--$15...Club went 7-3 last week.
- Marquee TV Triple Crown - Florida State at Louisville, Ohio State at Oklahoma, USC at Stanford--$25
COLLEGE BEST BETS FOR SATURDAY
UNLV (1-1) +12.5 over CENTRAL MICHIGAN (2-0) - Rebels much better than advertised and could win this one straight up. Prediction: Central Michigan by 6-7.
Louisiana Tech (1-1) +10 over TEXAS TECH (1-1) - Texas Tech one of most over-rated teams in country. Prediction: Texas Tech by 3-4.
Pittsburgh (2-0) +4.5 over OKLAHOMA STATE (1-1) - Pitt is the real deal and should win this one straight up. Prediction: Pittsburgh by 6-7.
TAKING THE WINNING EDGE IN THE NFL
- Never lose sight of the fact any team in the NFL can beat any other of the 32 teams - even big underdogs can win or cover. How about the Miami Dolphins last week? The Dolphins were 10.5-point underdogs at Seattle and took the Mariners to the money before losing, 12-10
- NFL betting lines are so tight one has to look far beyond the data to find hidden angles that give one a winning edge in a sport where points and half-points rule the day.
- If you bookmaker gives you the opportunity to buy half points, up or down, off the key numbers such as of 3, 4 ,6, 7, 10, 13, and 14 pay the extra vigorish and do it.
- For the record I began the NFL week Thursday night with a winning 25-unit play on the New York Jets (+1.5) who beat the Bills in Buffalo, 37-31.
NFL BEST BETS FOR SUNDAY
Cowboys (0-1) +3 over REDSKINS (0-1) - Neither team showed me much this past Sunday but think Dallas has enough going for it to win straight up. Prediction: Cowboys by 6-7.
BRONCOS (1-0) -6.5 over Colts - The unexpectedly big betting line is a direct message from bookmakers. Prediction: Broncos by 12-13.
Jaguars (0-1) +3 over CHARGERS (0-1) - Jaguars one of most improved teams in NFL and should get it done today. Prediction: Jaguars by 6-7.
New College & NFL Power Ratings Available Right Now - Click Here