Football Forecast Weekend Edition Nov 12-14
KELSO STURGEON’S FOOTBALL FORECAST
Volume 18, Edition 12… November 12-14, 2016
One Of Most Under-Rated Teams In The Country Set To Win 200-Unit College Game Of Year Saturday on my November To Remember Gut Check Package
9-3 The Past 12 Years
Cowboys-Pittsburgh Meet In 50-Unit NFL Showdown Game Of The Week Sunday...5-1 Last 50-Unit Bets
50-Unit NBA Game Of The Week Wins Saturday Night Going For 3rd Straight Highroller Winner
Oregon Ducks Top My College Basketball Top 10 Followed By Duke, Kansas And Wisconsin Sign Up For Entire Season For Just $195
Having Record Season With Best Bets Club 12-2 Past Two Weeks And Chairman’s Club 25-6-1 For The Season - That’s 86.0% And 81% Winners
By Kelso Sturgeon
Football handicappers focus on many things - won-lost records, how teams perform against the spread, statistical data, offensive-defensive matchups, the presence or absence of game-break skill players and where games are placed on the schedule. All these things and many more are important but there are times the most powerful weapon a bettor has is patience - the discipline to wait however long it takes to go for broke in a game in which 90%-100% of the factors favor just one team.
That time has arrived Saturday and that means I am releasing my 200-unit College Football Game of the Year - my biggest single play of the season. I stand 9-3 in these games over the past 12 years and intend to get the money again today. Patience delivers the big payoff with a team that meets my five extremely important elements for such a contest.
- The team I am releasing must be a proven power school meeting a weak team in a game for which the betting line does not reflect this dramatic talent differential.
- The team I am releasing must be able to play its worst game while its opponents plays its best game and still have enough of an edge to win and cover,
- The team I am releasing must be performing at the top of its game and its opponent at the bottom.
- The team I am releasing must have a coach who is well known for bringing his team to the razor’s edge for every single game it plays.
- The team I am releasing must have a coach who is among the few that is a true thinker and always comes up with a game plan that, whether a favorite or an underdog, gives his team its best chance to win
And that is where we are today and that is why I am confident I will take down the money again today with my annual 200-unit College Football Game of the Year. The game is part of my big-game November to Remember/Turkey Shoot Package ($149 for a host of 50-unit and 100-unit releases) or may be purchased on an individual basis for just $75. Also of note is the fact the November to Remember/Turkey Shoot package also includes Sunday’s 50-Unit NFL Showdown Game of the Week that finds the Dallas Cowboys (7-1) at the Pittsburgh Steelers. This game also may be purchased individually for $50.
Sign up for my November to Remember/Turkey Shoot Package for just $149 or purchase the games individually at 1-800-755-2255. All major credit cards and Pay Pal accepted.
The Weekend Betting Menu
In Saturday College Football
200-Unit College Game of the Year
USC (6-3) at Washington (9-0) Highlights 3-0 Best Bets Day...3-0 Last Saturday
Another 25-Unit Dog Takes Down The Money Again
In Sunday NFL Football
50-Unit NFL Showdown Game Of Week - Cowboys (7-1) at Steelers (4-4)
Sunday Night Seahawks-Patriots Tops 3-0 Sunday...3-0 Last Sunday
Going For 8th-Straight 25-Unit Winner...14-3-1 For Season
All games available on Internet at www.kelsosportshandicapping.com and toll free at 1-800-755-2255. All major credit cards and Pay Pal accepted.
College Handicapping Hints For Saturday
- Georgia Tech (5-4) at Virginia Tech (7-2) - Virginia Tech needs a win in this one to continue its march to the ACC championship. It is of note the Hokies have not turned the ball over in their past three games.
- Illinois (3-6) at Wisconsin (7-2) - Wisconsin has won seven straight in this series and come into it ranked 3rd among all Division 1 NCAA schools in points allowed at 13.8 per game.
- LSU (5-3) at Arkansas (6-3) - Arkansas has won the last two meetings of these teams and comes into it off a bye week that followed getting its butt kicked real good in a 56-3 loss at Auburn. LSU suffered a tough 10-0 loss to Alabama last week and the question facing the Tigers is just how much gas do they have left in the tank for this one.
- Southern California (6-3) at Washington (9-0) - This is THE GAME for Washington which is working overtime to make it to the Final Four and a chance to play for a national championship. USC will present a major challenge to those chances but a Washington win in this spot puts them in position to run the table with games left against Arizona State and at Washington State.
- Michigan (9-0) at Iowa (5-4) - The 3rd-ranked Wolverines have outscored their last four opponents 210-34, are 31.5-point favorites in this one but it must be noted the last five meetings of these rivals in Iowa City have been decided by 3 or less points.
- Penn State (7-2) at Indiana (5-4) - Penn State is 18-1 lifetime against Indiana, has won five straight, including an upset of Ohio State, and now faces an Indiana team that has become an offensive dynamite, rolling up more than 1,200 yards off offense in its last two games, wins over Maryland and Rutgers.
- Notre Dame (3-6) vs. Army (5-4) - This game will be played at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX, with both teams playing for possible bowl bids. The Fighting Irish need to win the rest of their games to become bowl eligible as does Army.
- Auburn (7-2) at Georgia (5-4) - To say these teams have a great dislike for one another would be a classic understatement and the intensity of this rivalry means both will come to play. The game is an opportunity for Georgia to regain some respect during a very disappointing season and for Auburn to move up in the rankings. While Georgia has won 10 of the last 14 meetings the Bulldogs lead the 199-game series 56-55-8. It is of note auburn has held seven opponents to 16 or less points.
- Baylor (6-2) at Oklahoma (7-2) - The magic appears to be gone at Baylor which opened 6-0 but which has lost its last two games - at Texas, 35-34, and at home last week to TCU, 62-22. This is an opportunity to turn things around but it won’t be easy against a Texas team that is playing for its coach’s life and which is much better than its record. The revenge factor may be in play today because the Longhorns upset Baylor 23-17 last season in Waco as a 21-point underdog.
- Mississippi State (4-5) at Alabama (9-0) - Mississippi State has to be riding high after knocking off 4th-ranked Texas A&M, 35-28, last week in Starkville but that victory also puts the Bulldogs in a major negative bounce-downward mode. Alabama goes for its 22nd consecutive win in this game and it is of note the Crimson Tide average 40.1 points per game while giving up just 13.2.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL BEST BETS FOR SATURDAY
TEXAS LONGHORNS (5-4) -2 by 7 over West Virginia Mountaineers (7-1) - Simply not a believer in West Virginia and think highly motivated Texas team will grind out solid win. Texas 4-0 at home and has finally put together a defense that works.
SMU Mustangs (3-6) +78 over EAST CAROLINA PIRATES (3-6) - SMU remains a mystery with its inconsistent play - beating 11th-ranked Houston and taking powerful Tulsa to the money before losing by 3 - and then struggling to keep up with much lesser opponents. I just have a gut feeling the Mustangs will get it done against an ECU team still gasping for breath after going all out in a loss at Tulsa last week.
GEORGIA BULLDOGS (5-4) +10.5 over Auburn Tigers (7-2) - Hell will freeze over before I pass up the opportunity to take 10.5 points in a rivalry game such has this - and, yes, I do believe the Bulldogs can win it straight up, despite their new and quite clueless coach. I’m on the ’dog in this spot and believe the game will go right to the money.
OREGON DUCKS (3-6) +3 +3 by 7 over Stanford Cardinal (6-3) - Oregon is having a dreadful season and this game gives them a chance to regain a bit of respectability against a weak Stanford team - one against which it stands 11-3 the past 14 years and 6-1 in Eugene.
California Golden Bears (4-5)-WASHINGTON STATE COUGARS Over 83 Points - California averages 39.7 points per game while giving up 44.4. Washington State averages 43 points per outing while giving up just 24.7. That said, there is no way this game is not going to be an offensive shootout because one of these teams will be in high gear chasing the other for 60 minutes. No surprise to me for 90 points are put on the board. When these teams met two seasons ago in Pullman, Cal won 60-59. Today the second act.
NFL BEST BETS FOR SUNDAY
Atlanta Falcons (6-3) -2 by 9-10 over PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (4-4) - The Falcons are the real deal, stand 4-1 on the road this season, and have an unstoppable offensive machine made up of QB Matt Ryan (an NFL best 2,980 yards, 23 touchdowns) and WR Julio Jones (NFL best 970 receiving yards). I do not think the Eagles and rookie QB Carson Wentz have the goods to keep up in this one.
Houston Texans +2 by 7-10 over JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (2-6) - Let’s just tell it like it is. Jacksonville has a long standing as a "wait ’til next year" team and the Jaguars never arrive in the present - but they will NEXT YEAR. Houston is no world-beater but the Texans have the talent on both sides of the ball to take care of business in this one.
Los Angeles Rams (3-5) - NEW YORK JETS (3-6) Under 40 Points - These two teams have everything it takes to fail in the NFL, beginning with two quarterbacks that absolutely cannot get it done. The Jets average 19.2 points per game while giving up 26.1, the Rams 16.2 while allowing 20.9. Do the math. If ever there was a game designed for an Under it is this one.
Having Record Season With Best Bets Club 12-2 Past Two Weeks And Chairman’s Club 25-6-1 For The Season - That’s 86.0% And 81% Winners
The life of a public sports handicapper is not an easy one but I am one of those fools who loves every minute of those 70-80 hour weeks required to win and one who thrives on the daily battle of wits with bookmakers. I have one goal, renewed early every single morning, seven days a week, 363 days (there are two days where no games are scheduled), and that is to win for my clients. That is the only thing that counts. Win, Win, Win. The rest is all B.S. no matter how it is phrased.
That is why I am taking time in this newsletter to let you know I am winning an an amazing clip and there is still plenty of time for your to get on board and make money this football season. Listed below are my three services and I am going to let my records in each one speak for itself.
Best Bets Club College Football 12-2 Last 2 Weeks - 86.0% Winners
11/9...15 Units...Toledo (-7) 31, Northern Illinois 24 (Won)
11/8...15 Units...Kent State (+21) 21, Western Michigan 37 (Won)
11/8...10 Units...Eastern Michigan (+2) 48, Ball State (Won)
11/5...15 Units...Alabama (-7) 10, LSU 0 (Won)
11/5...10 Units Tulsa (-10) 45, East Carolina (24 (Won)
11/5...10 Units...Wyoming (-4) 45, Utah State 28 (Won)
11/4...15 Units...Temple (-10) 21, Connecticut 0 (Won)
11/4...10 Units...Miami-OH...10 Units... (+3.5) 37, Central Michigan 17 (Won)
11/3...15 Units...Colorado (-13) 20, UCLA 10 (Lost)
11/3...5 Units...Buffalo (+19.5) 10, Ohio 34 (Lost)
11/2...10 Units...Toledo (-10) 48, Akron 17 (Won)
10/29...15 Units...Florida State (+5) 34, Clemson 37 (Won)
10/29...10 Units...Wyoming (+14.5) 30, Boise State 28 (Won)
10/29...10 Units...Tulsa (+7) 59, Memphis 30 (Won)
Sign up for my Best Bets Football Club Package that includes both the NFL and college football for just $129 or purchase the games individually for $15 daily or toll free at 1-800-755-2255.
Chairman’s Club 11-3-0 In College Football This Season - 79.0% Winners - All 25 Unit Plays
11/5...Nebraska +17.5) 3, Ohio State 62 (Lost)
11/1...Western Michigan (-17.5) 52, Ball State 20 (Won)
10/29...Oklahoma State (+3.5) 37, West Virginia 20 (Won)
10/22...N.C. State (+19.5) 13, Louisville 54 (Lost)
10/15...Northwestern (+6) 54, Michigan State 40 (Won)
10/8...BYU (+4.5) 31, Michigan State 14 (Won)
10/6...Louisiana Tech (+3) 55, Western Kentucky 52 (Won)
10/1...Minnesota (+3.4) 26, Penn State 29 (Won)
9/25...Pittsburgh (+7.5) 36, North Carolina 37 (Won)
9/22...Clemson (-10.5) 26, Georgia 7 (Won)
9/17...Colorado (+18) 28, Michigan 45 (Won)
9/10...Middle Tennessee (+3.5) 24, Vanderbilt 47 (Lost)
9/3...Western Michigan (+3) 22, Northwestern 21 (Won)
9/2...Kansas State (+13.5) 13, Stanford 26 (Won)
Chairman’s 14-3-1 In NFL This Season - All 25 Units
11/10....Ravens (-7.5) 28, Browns 7 (Won)
11/6...Raiders (-1) 30, Broncos 20 (Won)
11/3...Falcons (-4) 43, Buccaneers 28 (Won)
10/13...Under 39.5 Bears-Vikings (Won)
10/17...Cardinals (-7) 28, Jets 3 (Won)
10/16..Redskins (+3) 27, Eagles 20 (Won)
10/13...Chargers (+3) 21, Broncos 13 (Won)
10/9...Rams (+1) 19, Bills 30 (Lost)
10/2...Falcons (+2.5) 48, Panthers 33 (Won)
9/29...Bengals (-7) 22, Dolphins 7 (Won)
9/26...Falcons (+3) 45, Saints 32 (Won)
9/25...Lions (+7) 27, Pacers 34 (Push)
9/19...Bears (-3) 14, Eagles 29 (Lost)
9/18...Falcons (+4.5) 35, Raiders 28 (Won)
9/15...Jets (+1.5) 37, Bills 31 (Won)
9/12...Rans (-2.5) 0, 49ers 28 (Lost)
9/11...Buccaneers (+2.5) 31, Falcons 24 (Won)
9/10...Broncos (+3) 21, Panthers 20 (Won)
Sign up for my Chairman’s Football Club Package that includes both the NFL and college football for just $299 or purchase the games individually for $25 daily or toll free at 1-800-755-2255. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND CHAIRMAN’S CLUB MEMBERSHIP ALSO INCLUDES ALL BEST BETS CLUB PLAYS FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.
Recent Highroller Record - 71.0% Winners
11/10...50 Units...Utah (-3.5) 49, Arizona State 26 (Won)
11/6...50 Units...Lions (+5.5) 22, Vikings 16 (Won)
11/5...100 Units...Pittsburgh (+4.5) 28, Miami 51 (Lost)
11/3...50 Units...Arkansas State (-5) 31, Georgia State 16 (Won)
10/30...100 Units...Cowboys (-5) 29, Eagles 23 (Won)
10/29...50 Units...Michigan (-24.5) 32, Michigan State 23 (Lost)
10/28...50 Units...South Florida (-6) 52, Navy 45 (Won)
Sign up for my Personal Best Football Club Package for highrollers that includes both the NFL and college football for just $899 or purchase the games individually for $50-$100 daily or toll free at 1-800-755-2255.
Get The Entire College And NBA Basketball Seasons For just $195
I have had a nice run in the NBA this season and intend to keep right on winning as the college basketball season arrives. The work has been done - as tiring, boring and tedious as it is - and I am confident my figures are in most cases far more accurate right now than those making betting lines. You can see from my college top ten listed below that it varies rather dramatically from the national polls - and I know I am right.
I offer three basketball services but would like to suggest you get your feet wet with a membership in my Best Bets Basketball Club for the early bird price of just $195 and play the entire college and NBA seasons.
All major credit cards and Pay Pal are accepted and you can sign up for the season and/or get your daily selections at two places - here on the Internet or toll free at my office, 1-800-755-2255. Get on board today and win today.
KELSO’S COLLEGE BASKETBALL TOP 10
- Oregon Ducks (31-7) - Loaded with blue-chip talent and almost everyone is back from team that was a #1 NCAA Tournament seed last season and which knocked off Duke to get to the Elite Eight where it lost to Oklahoma.
- Duke Blue Devils (25-11) - Like Oregon, loaded from top-to-bottom with blue-chippers wo will work with nation’s #1 recruiting. Duke’s starting five will be made up of three members of the 2015 NCAA championship team and two very experienced players who starred last season in Durham.
- Kansas Jayhawks (33-5)--This may be the best team Kansas has put on the floor in recent years and that says something about a team that has won 12 straight Big 12 titles and and has been seeded #1 four times and #2 three times in the NCAA Tournament. Coach Bill Self says all the pieces are in play to win the team’s first NCAA championship since 2008.
- Wisconsin Badgers (22-13) - The Badgers return their top 10 players from last season’s NCAA team that lost to Notre Dame, 61-56, in the Sweet Sixteen round and have everything it takes to get to the Final Four. Wisconsin’s defense led the nation’s 350-plus Division 1 teams against the score last season, giving up an average of just 63.8 points per game and should be even better in that category this time around.
- Kentucky Wildcats (27-9) - Kentucky will once again put on the floor the most talented one-and-done players in college basketball as they by design prepare to play in the NBA next season. What Kentucky and head coach John Calipari do in Lexington would make any vulture puke but the team wins and that is all that matters to the Wildcat faithful as the late Hall of Fame Coach Adolph Rupp turns over in his grave.
- Xavier Musketeers (28-6) - Xavier returns three if the players who took them to the NCAA Tournament where they lost in the second round to Wisconsin, 66-63, and have enough talent, depth and quality players to replace defending national champion Villanova at the top of the Big East.
- Saint Mary’s Gaels (29-6) - This is the best team Saint Mary’s has had in years and that is quite a mouthful when one considers the Gaels have had nine straight 20-win seasons. Saint Mary’s returns every starter and every key player from last year and has quite a chip on its shoulder after being denied by the NCAA Tournament last season. It is of note this is the same team that beat traditional power Gonzaga twice last year.
- Villanova Wildcats (35-5) - The defending national champions lost two starters from last year’s team but is still blessed with enough talent to return to the Big Dance and win it again. Villanova will be one of the deepest and most experienced teams in the country.
- Wichita State Shockers (26-9) - The Shockers are finally recognized as one of the traditional powers of college basketball and have reached the point where they simply reload with basically unknown players each season and keep right on winning. They stand 121-24 the past four seasons, are coached brilliantly by Gregg Marshall, and will again be an impact team.
- North Carolina (33-7) - Six key players return from the team that lost to Villanova, 77-74, in the NCAA championship game last season and there is no reason to think the Tar Heels won’t be in the hunt again this year.