Football Forecast Turkey Shoot Midweek Edition
KELSO STURGEON’S MIDWEEK FOOTBALL FORECAST
Volume 18, Edition 14… November 24-25, 2016
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! IT'S TURKEY SHOOT TIME!
100-Unit Turkey Shoot Triple Goes Perfect 7-0 Last Saturday
And Sets Stage For 5 More Days Of Winning Including Sunday's 200-Unit NFL Game Of The Year
#1-Ranked Alabama 17-Point Favorite Over Auburn Saturday But A Kansas Team That Was 2-29 In Its Last 31 Games Proved Anything Can Happen With Its Upset Of Texas
Hopeless, Hapless, Helpless Cleveland Browns Destroying Las Vegas Bookmakers As Bettors Gang Up Against Them
Pittsburgh Steelers Jump From -2.5 Favorite To -9 When Colts Reveal QB Andrew Luck Is Out And His Backup Has Not Thrown A Has Not Thrown A Pass In 3 Years
Clippers (13-2) Just Might Be Best Team In NBA And My Recommendation Is To Get Down At 20-1 Right Now Before World Wakes Up An Drives Down Price
By Kelso Sturgeon
As one who has reached the age of being able to see beyond the horizon I no longer have dreams - just a lot of hopes - and I do know miracles exist in my world of sports betting. The Kansas Jayhawks proved that last week when as a 23.5-point underdog upset the Texas Longhorns, 24-21 in overtime. Yes, a real bonafied miracle for a team that had gone 2-29 in its last 31 games, was winless in in its last 19 Big 12 games and that had not beaten Texas since 1938.
Upsets of this nature happen almost every week of the football season and serve as an important reminder that when any team - high school, college or the NFL - takes the field it assumes the risk of losing, regardless of its status. For instance this past weekend Pahranagat Valley High School saw its record of 104 consecutive wins come to an end when it lost to Spring Valley High School of Las Vegas, 68-46, in the Class 1A championship game.
Pahranagat Valley, which had not lost a football game since the 2007 season, had in 12 previous meetings with Spring Valley had beaten it by a total of 420 points and had beaten the Golden Eagles, 36-18, during the regular season. Both these teams play 8-man football, a necessity for schools playing in the vast barren Nevada outback, or a requirement for students from special schools.
Pahranagat Valley, located in Alamo, Nevada (population 1,080) has an enrollment of 102 students. Spring Valley High School is part of the juvenile justice system, is actually a work camp for wayward youths and has about 100 students, all males,
As I have noted many times, a winner can come from anywhere.
This brings me to the important college football games of this week and with them the question of whether the mighty can fall?
- #1-ranked Alabama (11-0) is a 17-point home favorite over #13 Auburn (8-3) a team that also loaded with talent and lives each season with hopes of beaten the hated Crimson Tide.
- #2 Ohio State (10-1) is a 6.5-point home favorite over #3 Michigan for a game that is going to advance one of these teams to the Big Ten championship game.
- #4 Clemson (10-1) is a 24-point home favorite over arch-rival South Carolina (6-5) and needs to win to maintain its Top 4 ranking.
- #5 Washington (10-1) is a 5.5-point favorite at #23 Washington State (8-3) and still is in the running to reach the Final Four and a chance to play for the national championship.
- #6 Wisconsin (9-2) is 15-point favorite over very dangerous Minnesota.
- #9 Colorado (9-2) is a 10.5-point favorite over #22 Utah (8-3), a team in major bounce-back form after being upset by Oregon last week.
- #14 Florida State (8-3) is a 7-point favorite over #15 Florida (8-2) in one of the biggest rivalry games in the South.
And the beat goes on for these teams and several others - most of which simply need to win. Will there be another Kansas in the group? Don't bet against it. As for Kansas, the Jayhawks find themselves 26.5-point underdogs at Kansas State, a team against which they stand 0-7 SU and OTS over the past seven season. In the last two meetings Kansas State has won, 45-14 and 51-13. Can Kansas do it again?
My November To Remember/Turkey Shoot Package is winning and nothing illustrates that more than going a perfect 7-0 with last Saturday's 100-unit College Football Triple Crown. It broke the bank and had bookmakers talking to themselves. And the big-game winning continues for five more days, with the results and schedule listed below. Just in case you wonder what a winning 100-unit 7-0 Triple Crown looks like, please feast your eyes on this...
Last Saturday's Bookie Busting College Triple Crown
25-Units...Virginia Tech (+1) 34, Notre Dame 31 (WINNER)
25-Units...Colorado (-5.5) 38, Washington State 24 (WINNER)
25 Units...Oklahoma (-3) 56, West Virginia 28 (WINNER)
10-Unit Parlay Of Virginia Tech, Colorado, Oklahoma At 6-1 (WINNER)
5-Unit Parlay of Virginia Tech & Colorado at 13-5 (WINNER)
5-Unit Parlay Of Virginia Tech & Oklahoma at 13-5 (WINNER)
5-Unit Parlay Of Colorado & Oklahoma at 13-5 (WINNER)
The Rest Of The Turkey Shoot Menu Starting Thanksgiving Day - All For Just $125
Thursday Thanksgiving Day - 50-Unit TV College-NFL Parlay
Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys & LSU at Texas A&M
Friday - 50-Unit Texas Game of the Year: TCU at Texas
Plus Washington at Washington State, Boise State at Air Force, Nebraska at Iowa
Saturday - 200-Unit Break The Bank Grand Slam
Michigan at Ohio State, Auburn at Alabama, Florida State at Florida, Utah at Colorado
Sunday - 200-Unit NFL Game of the Year
Monday - 50-Unit Monday Night Special: Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles
Believe me, folks, this annual program is worth every penny and keep in mind if your purchased individually the games listed here it would cost your $250, but you can win and save a fortune by purchasing the entire package for just $125. Sign up online or toll free at my office -1-800-755-2255. Again, all major credit cards and Pay Pal accepted.
Football And Basketball Betting Notes
- Las Vegas bookmakers are taking a giant whipping because the public is sending it in every Sunday against the helpless and dreadful 0-11 Cleveland Browns who are 2-9 ATS this season and who have failed to cover in their last five games. Making things even worse for bookies is the fact not only is the public betting on the Browns, they are using their opponents on their parlays. Of interest is the fact the sharps keep firing with the Browns. Tell me?
- When the Indianapolis Colts released the news quarterback Andrew Luck (see injury report) the betting lone on their game with Pittsburgh jumped from the Steelers -2.5 to -9.0. That certainly was a vote of no confidence in career backup Scott Tolzien who has not thrown a pass during the regular season since 2013.
- It is not an easy call as to which is the most disappointing team in the NFL this season but the strongest candidates are the Carolina Panthers (4-6), the Cincinnati Bengals (3-6), the Green Bay Packers (4-6) and the New York Jets. For the record Green Bay was 10-1 to win the Super Bowl on Day One of the season but is now 16-1. The figures on Carolina are 12-1 to 50-1, Cincinnati 12-1 to 40-1 and the New York Jets (30-1 to 300-1.
- The futures book is still opening and the current odds say it will be the New England Patriots (8-5) and the Dallas Cowboys (7-1) in the Super Bowl.
- My figures say the Los Angeles Clippers (13-2) are the best team in the NBA - yes, better than Cleveland, Golden State and San Antonio. I visited my local sports book today and got 20-1 for my money. Golden State is currently the 4/5 favorite to win it all (a ridiculous price) while the Cleveland Cavaliers are second choice at 9-4. The Spurs check in at 6-1.
- I could not have been more wrong in picking the Oregon Ducks for the #1 spot in the college basketball rankings. Meanwhile Wichita State, as always, is the most under-rated teams in the country - a Top Ten team by any measurement but unranked by the so-called experts who make the Top 25.
College Football Injury Reports
Game Numbers Listed Are From Official Rotation
GAME #113-114: LSU - RB Leonard Fournette (Ankle) doubtful Thursday vs. Texas A&M
GAME #115-116: Buffalo U - QB Tyree Jackson (Leg) "?" Friday vs. Bowling Green
GAME #119-120: No Illinois - QB Ryan Graham (Concussion) injured last game, "?" Friday vs. Kent State
GAME #121-122: Nebraska - QB Tommy Armstrong Jr. (Hamstring) "?" Friday vs. Iowa
GAME #131-132: Southern Miss - QB Nick Mullens (Concussion) "?" Friday vs. Louisiana Tech
GAME #135-136: Memphis - QB Riley Ferguson (Head) injured last game, "?" Friday vs. Houston U
GAME #149-150: Maryland - QB Perry Hills (Shoulder) "?" Saturday vs. Rutgers
GAME #151-152: Syracuse - QB Eric Dungey (Head) doubtful Saturday vs. Pittsburgh U
GAME #155-156: Northwestern - WR Austin Carr (Head) injured last game, "?" Saturday vs. Illinois
GAME #173-174: Auburn - QB Sean White (Shoulder) "?" Saturday vs. Alabama , Auburn - RB Kamryn Pettway (Leg) "?" Saturday vs. Alabama
GAME #199-200: North Texas - QB Mason Fine (Arm) "?" Saturday vs. UTEP
GAME #207-208: Rice - QB Tyler Stehling (Knee) "?" Saturday vs. Stanford
GAME #215-216: Michigan - QB Wilton Speight (Shoulder) "?" Saturday vs. Ohio State
GAME #225-226: BYU - RB Jamaal Williams (Foot) "?" Saturday vs. Utah State
Perfect 7-0 With 50-Unit College Winners! #8 Wins Tonight To Build Holiday Weekend Bankroll
It's Blowout After Blowout For My Highrollers
My Personal Best Basketball Investment Club for highrollers continues to bury bookmakers from coast to coast, standing a perfect 7-0 with its 50-unit college plays this season and #8 is set to win tonight. As you can see from the 7-0 record listed below most of the winners came from off the beaten path - a road less traveled by bookmakers. In other words, I hit have them with games on which they are not focused, find giant weaknesses in some of their lines and then knock'em dead.
The Wednesday college basketball schedule - made up of afternoon, early evening and night games - is a very attractive one for bettors and I have found the perfect spot to win another 50-unit play on a team that should run off and hide from its opponent. Win this one with me for just $25, charged to your major credit card or to Pay Pal. I will let me record do the rest of the talking.
Perfect 7-0 With 50-Unit College Basketball Winners
11/22...50 Units...SMU (-19) 84, Cal-Santa Barbara 57 (Won)
11/21...50 Units...Houston (-12) 95, George Mason 56 (Won)
11/20...50 Units...Grand Canyon (-7) 84, Marist 72 (Won)
11/19...50 Units...Belmont (-7.5) 90, Western Kentucky 69 (Won)
11/17...50 Units...SMU (-5) 76, Pittsburgh 67 (Won)
11/15...50 Units...Fairfield (-1.5) 79, Dartmouth 62 (Won)
11/11...50 Units...Tenn-Chattanooga (+3.5) 82, Tennessee 69 (Won)
NFL Injury Report/Personnel Issues
Quarterback Andrew Luck is still in the concussion protocol, head coach Chuck Pagano told reporters Tuesday. Luck, who did not participate in Tuesday's practice, suffered a concussion during the Colts' 24-17 win over the Titans on Sunday, and is in serious jeopardy for Indianapolis' major contest against Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving. Luck's value and importance to the Colts doesn't need to be stated. Sitting at 5-5 and a game behind the Houston Texans in a tight AFC South, the timing of the injury is unfortunate to say the least. This is a situation to monitor leading up to the Thursday slate of games.
Elsewhere in injury news :
1. Jay Cutler could be facing an early end to his 2016 season. The Bears quarterback is believed to have a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday. Cutler is undergoing a second opinion in hopes the results come out differently.
2. A torn ACL spells the end of a player's season, but the Bengals assured it Tuesday in placing Giovani Bernard on injured reserve.
3. Dion Jordan is as close to returning to football as he's been in nearly two years. The defensive end, who has had two knee surgeries on the same knee since the summer, is expected to practice Wednesday for the Dolphins. Drafted third overall out of Oregon in the 2013 draft, Jordan was out of football in 2015 in the wake of failing multiple drug tests, and hasn't played in a game since Dec. 28, 2014.
4. The Vikings could be without a key receiving weapon for their Thanksgiving showdown. Stefon Diggs (knee) missed practice Tuesday.
5. The Panthers have designated defensive end Ryan Delaire as their one player eligible to return from injured reserve this season, opening a three-week window to decide if and when Delaire will return. Delaire's return would be welcomed with a recent injury to Mario Addison (foot).
6. Niners safety Eric Reid (torn biceps) is out of surgery. The safety posted a picture on Instagram saying the procedure went well.
7. Sammy Watkins could return to the sidelines against Jacksonville this week. Bills coach Rex Ryan said of the receiver Monday, "I hope he can play some." Watkins has been on injured reserve to rehab his oft-injured foot and has not played since Sept. 15.