November 16-17, 2019
The College Football Teams That Hope To Play For National Championship Must Win Saturday To Stay In The Hunt...No Excuses
Best Bet Winners In NFL, College Football NBA, College Basketball Included In This Newsletter
By Kelso Sturgeon
The time for dreaming about winning college football's national championship will be all but over after this weekend's games. LSU (9-0), Ohio State (9-0) and Clemson (10-0) are 1-9 shots to be among the final four in the playoffs. As for hopefuls Florida (8-2) and Auburn (7-2), both highly ranked and supposedly still under consideration for the playoffs, one can forget about them. They have no chance to be there. Oklahoma (8-1) and Baylor (9-0) both must win Saturday and by happenstance the meet in Waco.
But before we get into the details,here's a look at ast week's perfect 6-0 record in the NFL.
1-0 In NFL Monday
15 Units...Seahawks (+7) 27, 49ers 24 (Win)
4-0 In NFL Sunday
100 Units...Bears (-6.5) 20, Lions 13 (Won)
25 Units...Steelers (+4) 17, Rams 12 (Won)
15 Units...Ravens (-10.5) 49, Bengals 13 (Won)
15 Units...Vikings (+3) 28, Cowboys 24 (Won)
1-0 In NFL Thursday
15 Units...Cowboys (-6.5) 37, Giants 18 (Won)
- The Miami Dolphins (2-7) stunned the betting world with their second straight win after opening 0-7. The wins did not move offshore bookmakers. Miami remained +500,000 to win the Super Bowl. For those unfamiliar with the vernacular of the betting world, this means one can bet $100 on Miami and, if they win the Super Bowl, will collect $550,000. You can get the same price on the winless Cincinnati Bengals.
- The #1-ranked Kentucky Wildcats lost at home to the Evansville Purple Aces, 67-64. The loss snapped Kentucky's 39-0 streak at home against unranked opponents. I watched the entire game and proved once again a talented, experienced and well coach team can beat a talented young team and inexperienced team that thinks all it must do to win is to show up.
- College basketball teams that will burn your money early in the season, are, in no order, Buffalo, College of Charleston, Illinois-Chicago, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, VMI and Weber State.
I will update this list in next week's newsletter, but these teams are simply money burners.
Now let's look at the 13 teams that still at least somewhat are still at least somewhat alive in the march to the title, listed as they are ranked by the committee that will selection the final
- LSU TIGERS (9-0)...Will be a heavy favorite in last three games, at Ole Miss (4-6) today, and then for Arkansas (2-8) and Texas A&M (6-3). The SEC playoff follows the regular season.
- OHIO STATE BUCKEYES (9-0)...Will be favored in its last three games, at Rutgers (2-7) today, where they 51.5-point favorites today, then back home to meet Penn State (8-1) and then at Michigan (7-2). The Big Ten playoff follow the regular season.
- CLEMSON TIGERS (10-0)...Will be the heavy favorite in its last two regular season games and the ACC championship contest. Get Wake Forest (7-2) at home as 34-point favorites and close out at South Carolina (4-6).
- GEORGIA BULLDOGS (8-1)...Get the acid test as 2.5-point favorites at Auburn (&-2), then return home to face Texas A&M (6-3) before closing out regular season at Georgia Tech 2-7). As noted the SEC playoff follows the regular season.
- ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE (8-1)...Has to win at Mississippi State (4-5), then back home against I-AA Western Carolina (3-7) and then at Auburn (7-2). As noted the SEC playoff follows the regular season.
- OREGON DUCKS (8-1)...Will be heavy favorite in their last three games - at home against Arizona (4-5), at Arizona State (5-4) and home to Oregon State (4-5). The Pac-12 playoff follows the regular season.
- UTAH UTES (8-1)...Will be favored in last three games - home to UCLA (4-5), at Arizona (4-5) and home to Colorado (4-6). The Pac-12 playoff follows the regular season.
- MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS (9-0)...Surprise of college season and making selection committee nervous (they want Ohio State). Minnesota is a 3-point underdog at #17 Iowa (6-3) this week, then plays at Northwestern (1-8) and closes at home against #14 Wisconsin. The Big Ten playoff follow the regular season.
- PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS (8-1)...Home to Indiana (7-2 this week, then at Ohio State and at Rutgers. The Big Ten playoff follow the regular season.
- OKLAHOMA SOONERS (8-1...At #13 Baylor (9-0) this week, then back home against TCU (4-5) and closing out at Oklahoma State (6-3). No easy outs in this bunch.
- FLORIDA GATORS (8-2)...At Missouri (5-4), home to Florida State and then SEC title game. Chances of getting into final four somewhere between zero and none. Too many better teams in front of them.
- AUBURN TIGERS (7-2)...Closes out with three straight home games--#4 Georgia (8-1), 1-AA Samford (4-6) and #5 Alabama (8-1). Tigers better than record but committee will reject them on the two-loss tradition.
- BAYLOR BEARS (9-0)...Gets acid test this weekend as 10.5-point home underdog against #10 Oklahoma (8-1). Then it's home against Texas (6-3) and then at Kansas (3-6).
Obviously, this is all speculation on my part, but the numbers support my opinion. Who will be the fourth team? You tell me.
Saturday College Football Betting Menu - Click For More Info
Better yet, come in for the rest of my November to Remember Program for $150
and get Saturday's 100-unit Upset and Sunday's 100-Unit winner, and keep winning through my Annual Turkey Shoot and College Championships Dec 7.
50-Unit Side/Total Parlay On Georgia-Auburn
Last Time These Bitter Rivals Met In Auburn Georgia Was Ranked #1 But Lost 40-17
Navy (7-1) AT Notre Dame (7-2) Tops 3-0 Day
There Are At Least A Dozen Showdown College Football Games On Saturday And I Intend To Win 3 Of Them
THIS WEEKEND'S NEWSLETTER BEST BETS
Saturday's College Football Best Bet
Tulane Green Wave (6-3) -5.5 by 14 over TEMPLE OWLS (6-3)
Coach Willie Fritz is one of the best things to happen to Tulane Football. Fritz has built powerhouse football teams at every level during his 29-year coaching career, has done the same in New Orleans and takes a 215-98-1 lifetime record into the Temple game. The truth is, he is doing something others could not, and that is to build Tulane into a big league-bound program. Temple is 4-1 at home this season, stands 3-0 in its last three games against the Green Wave, but my figures say the Owls are up against it today. Tulane is far better than its record, with the three losses, all on the road, coming against #12 Auburn (7-2), 24-6, at #18 Memphis (8-1), 47-17, and at #12 Navy (7-1), 41-38. The Green Wave will come to play, as it always does, and should grind out a solid win.
Sunday's NFL Best Bet
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (5-4) -2.5 by 9-10 over Jacksonville Jaguars (4-5)
The first thing one needs to know about this game is that both starting quarterbacks return - the Colts Jacoby Brissett after missing a game with an injury and the Jaguars Nick Foles who has missed almost all the season with an injury. Brissett has practiced well this week and it remains to be seen for Foles who led the Philadelphia Eagles to a Super Bowl win before being sent to Jacksonville. It is a matter of concern the Colts, who without Brissett, lost at home to a dreadful Miami Dolphin team, 16-12. I believe that was just one of those things. To me that loss is overshadowed by the fact Jacksonville's four wins have come over teams with a combined 10-27 record. Indianapolis has the talent to get it done and most certainly is in major bounce-back mode.
Saturday's College Basketball Best Bets
MARYLAND TERRAPINS by 26 over Oakland Grizzlies
ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS by 15 over Montana Grizzlies
COLORADO BUFFALOES by 12 over San Diego Toreros
Sunday's NBA Best Bets
ORLANDO MAGIC by 14 over Washington Wizards
NEW ORLEANS PELICANS by 12 over Golden State Warriors